Thursday, August 15, 2013

RV Life: WiFi and Camping in Style

I’ll be brief here because 1.) I’m sitting at a picnic table with six strangers accessing free wi-fi (pronounced WEE-FEE here.) We’re all plugged into one power surge strip and one false move, I fear, will cause the whole thing to blow and 2.) we’re just about to get on the road.

Ya know, when I saw the sign at the entrance to the campground that said “Free WiFi,” I sort of expected it to mean that you could access and enjoy the rights and privileges pertaining thereto from the comfort of your own RV.

I was wrong.

There’s a tiny little hotspot, apparently the size of this picnic table where one can access all the internets.

Anyway, WEE-FEE issues aside, I just want to say that if I had known that this type of camping was available, well, I may have considered it as a vacation option much earlier in my life.  Because just look at how some of these people camp. 

DSC_0163

camping1

Next we’ll be driving through Northern Italy to a town on the coast where we’ll take the RV onto an overnight ferry.  We’ll go to sleep in a cabin and when we wake up we’ll be on the beautiful island of Corsica. 

And also, read this.
Except for the Italian sausage bit, I couldn’t agree with her more.

No comments:

Post a Comment