Saturday, August 3, 2013

Elephants. And also, more elephants.

On Wednesday, the Elephant Parade opened in Luxembourg. 
It’s an open air art exhibit – there are 55 life size baby elephant statues that have been designed and painted by various artists and scattered between here and Trier, Germany. 

I think it’s important to expose kids early and often to all kinds of art, so we went in search of them. 
Of the 55, we found 10.

PicMonkey Collage1

PicMonkey Collage2

IMG_2780

I didn’t even think to put Finley in the pictures, too.
But he was with us.  He even wore his tennis shoes for the first time.

IMG_2762

We spotted this one but it was a drive by only. 
(Because I just couldn’t lift the stroller and car seat out and back into the car one more time that day.)

IMG_2773

I hear that the elephants will be parading around Luxembourg until mid-October.
It’s a good thing because we’ve still got 45 more to see.
(I promise I won’t post pictures of them all.) 

1 comment: