Wednesday, April 14, 2010

So that you keep the square

My husband travels internationally a lot.  One of his favorite things to do is find signs, hotel and tourist literature that are poorly translated into English.  When he is traveling abroad, I totally look forward to text messages containing photos such as these:





The other day, I was checking out the stats on my blog and I was surprised to see that I had over 160 hits from Turkey.  The country.  I asked Shawn if he knows anyone in Turkey and he said no.  So I started linking back to the information provided by StatCounter and found this.
Yep, it's the jewelry board that I made from a t-shirt, and it was featured on a Turkish craft blog.



Since I don't speak a lick of Turkish, I clicked on the "translate to English" button so nicely provided by Google to be able to read the post title and comments.  The post featuring my jewelry board was titled, "So That You Keep The Square."  And underneath that?  "I was nice to hang jewelry projects."

It was rather nice of me to hang jewelry projects, wasn't it?  I guess. So long as I keep the square.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, how cool! Did you get any new followers from the deal?

    Those signs are hilarious. I never imagined that they would translate the signs in English.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cool & a little creepy at the same time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hilarious! I've traveled to India for missions work many times and I always love the signs that I see both in India and while traveling there and back. The phrases painted onto some of the trucks in India are particularly amusing - my favorite is the one that read "contains no fruit."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the signs. They are very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friends lived in Japan for 2 years, and would often say the same thing! That is hilarious! keep posting them, it is great!
    Oh, and that board you "get to keep?" Great looking!

    ReplyDelete