Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Two And A Half

Dear Hannah,
Today you are 2 1/2 years old.  It feels like just yesterday you looked like this:
101_2508
And now you are such a grown up little lady:
pink dress
So, what are you up to these days?
You are tiny, weighing around 28 pounds.  But, you are tall – in the 75th percentile for height. 
You love to talk.  If you are awake, you are probably talking.  You tell us stories and we have real conversations with you.  You say some of the funniest things I have ever heard!
You are daytime potty trained, but still wear a diaper or Pull-Up at night.  You love your big girl pants and you call them “panty pants.”  About 20 times a day, you tell me that your panty pants are still dry.  You are so proud to use the potty like a big girl.
Some of your favorite toys are your blocks, tea set, dishes and grocery cart.  You also love to color and do crafts.  We recently moved your art desk near my sewing machine and you love to color and paint while I sew.  You still love “Doggie” and take him everywhere with you. 
117_4324





doggie

You go to bed around 8:30 and sleep until 7:30-8:00 each morning.  You take a nap from 1:00 until about 3 or 3:30 each day.  
You’ve recently developed a love of singing.  Your favorite song is “The Wheels on the Bus” and you always ask to sing it together.  You’re also a big fan of “The Itsy Bitsy Spider.”
You have been taking tap dance for a few months and you love your teachers.  You talk about tap class all the time, but sometimes you still want me to sit in the back of the classroom instead of in the waiting room.
You love Mexican food, especially chips and salsa.  I think that you could eat it everyday.  You take after me for sure!  You do not care for Chinese food, green peppers or asparagus.  You do really well with a fork and spoon, but are still quite messy when you eat. 
Your hair is getting more and more curly.  When it gets wet, it just curls up into the sweetest little ringlets.  I put spray-in conditioner in it everyday.  Even though you don’t care for getting your hair combed or blow dried, you love to wear bows. 
You have an occasional “time-out,” mostly for doing things that you know you shouldn’t.  I hate giving you time outs, but I know that it is my job to teach you right from wrong.  One particular incident that I will never forget: You did something that you knew was against the rules. I told you to go to the time out chair and you went without objection.  When I went to get you a few minutes later, you said, “Let’s talk about this.  Do you forgive me?”
You are so sweet when you say your prayers at night.  It always makes me smile when you say, “Thank you Jesus for my mommy and daddy.”   I have had to hold back laughter when you thanked Jesus for your bows, and airplanes and doctors.  When Demi (grandma) was in the hospital recently, you asked Jesus to “make Demi better.”
I can’t believe that in another 2 1/2 years you will be 5.  As each stage and milestone comes and goes, I am always a little sad, but so excited for what is to come.  We love you more than you will ever know!

2 comments:

  1. She is such a beautiful, sweet little girl! I love her hair, you'll have to take a picture of the ringlets after her bath so we can see them. Her prayers are precious. *sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had her sleep schedule!! :) ah sleep how I miss you!!!

    she is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete