Monday, March 22, 2010

Jewelry Display

My jewelry box is usually a tangled mess of necklaces and bracelets.  I've seen so many cute jewelry display frames and I knew that I just had to make one.  So, I pulled out this shirt...


...that I wore while pregnant.


Here's a close up of the prettiness:


I got a 12x12 corkboard, centered the pretty design around the board and cut.  Then I stapled the fabric to the back of the board.


Next, I used a nail and hammer to make two holes for hanging. Here's the back.  I know it doesn't look great, but I'm okay with it.  If I were giving this as a gift, I would cover the ragged edges with ribbon.


Here's the front.  I then used a pair of scissors to cut holes in the shirt for hanging.


I added some ribbon for hanging.


And tied cute little knots to hold in place.


Next, I screwed little hooks through the shirt and corkboard.  I was loving this project so much that I forgot to take a picture of this step.

I found the perfect spot on the inside of my closet and hung it with a nail.  I added my jewelry and there ya have it.  Necklaces and bracelets organized and ready to wear!



16 comments:

  1. What a FABulous idea ~ as well as an excellent re-use for the pregnancy shirt! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love seeing different ways people reuse things! I did some t-shirt repurposing for today's post too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that there is a sweet history behind your new board too!

    : )

    Julie M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. Great use of materials.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! What a great idea.

    Thank you for linking this to A Little Craft Therapy, with Life in the Pitts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is pretty and practical!

    Thanks for linking up to Make it Yours Day at My Backyard Eden!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great! I just purchased fabric and am making one for my niece's bday. Thanks for stoppping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just way too cute! I was trying to think of something like that and ended up buying just cute hooks to hang necklaces on. But yours is so much cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it....love this round of show me's

    Enjoying a Saturday afternoon of blog hopping and all the Easter posts. Hope you will stop by and leave a comment....On Sunday night I will be drawing for
    $100 GOODIE BASKET.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tip for recycling. And you have a story behind it too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - look at you!! You are so CRAFTY I always love what you do!!

    Thanks for linking up! Adorable!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very creative idea!
    Blessings,
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea and I love how it turned out! I am a follower!
    Can you help me out? I am in a contest because of a recent post that I did on my weight loss. There is a contest on Face Book and I need you to vote! I am so close and I don't want the other guy to win! Just click on the link below and like that page (up at the top) then in the left hand column find my picture( I’m the one in the black bathing suit) under photo's 4 of 14 click(SEE All) and leave a comment under my picture! Thanks!!
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Lehi-UT/Kristi-Approved/391083710513
    You might have to copy and paste it into your browser.

    ReplyDelete