Wednesday, March 31, 2010

How To Surprise Your Husband

1. Wait until he goes out of town on a business trip to a warm, southern location and politely decline his invitation to go along.
2. Survey your home for areas that need improvement. 
Exhibit A: Master Bedroom

3. Hire family members to spend a Saturday night replacing the old ceiling fan.  Offer to pay family members. When they refuse, send them home with baked goods.  (gracias to Paul and Evan!)

4.  Admire new ceiling fan. 




5. Remove ugly, outdated wallpaper.



6. Spend hours deciding on  a paint color.  Eventually choose one that is so yummy it makes you want to drink almond flavored coffee.




6. Remove ugly light fixtures.  Patch, prime, paint and hang new curtains.



7. Attack old night stands with a can of white Valspar spray paint.  Use a piece of sandpaper to achieve a weathered, shabby chic look.




8.  Add some personalized pieces.


9. Find a reliable assistant to inspect your work.

10. Pick up unsuspecting husband from airport. Take him to dinner.  
Return home and watch his reaction.


11. See step #1 when he tells you that he has another trip coming up and wants you to go. 

10 comments:

  1. Nice work ~ surprises are wonderful and you did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you did a great job! I'm glad you got to surprise him although I would have loved see you too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!! what a busy bee you were!! looks great!love the "inspector"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the redo! I love the color you picked out. What a fun surprise for your hubby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! What a great job. I've done that to my hubby before! It's really very pretty!

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday. Please join me next week for another wonderful party!!

    Please stop by next week I am having guest over each day and I would love for you to tell them HI!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how fun! your remake looks LOVELY!!!

    I did that for hubby on his Birthday in his office several years ago. It was a hoot to have 3 of us unload and remodel his office in one day!

    thanks for bringing back those sweet memories with your great post!

    ~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! What a fun surprise for your husband. He must be pretty great to let you do that without him! You did a great job! Love the colors!
    I would love it if you stopped by my blog for a spring block give away! Have a great day!
    alittleknickknack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is awesome! I love how you did that in a weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog -- that DID turn out great!! Isn't it fun to surprise them? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I'm stopping by from Kelly's Korner. I love the color of your room! Fabulous suprise too! :)

    Alison
    http://welcomesunshinehome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete