Tuesday, March 9, 2010

About

Welcome to the Twinkle Toes blog!
Who is Twinkle Toes?

I'm so glad you asked.  Twinkle Toes is the nickname that my sister gave to my daughter, Hannah when she was a new baby.  When my sister arrived from sunny California to meet her new niece, she called her "Twinkle Toes," because she was wearing a little onsie with pink ballet slippers on it.  A few days later, I got a text from my sister saying, "How's Twinks?"  And the name stuck.

When Twinks was about a year old, I started making bows to match her outfits.  I have a sewing machine that my husband got me for Christmas the first year we were married and over the years, I have made things here and there.  I've always loved to sew, but for a long time, my sewing machine sat unused.  After I became a mom, I starting coming up with ideas of things that I knew I could make.  With some persuasion from friends and family members, I started a store on Etsy, Twinkle Toes Bowtique.

Sometimes I make things that turn out great, sometimes they are a big FAIL.  I'll probably share both of those here.  I love monograms and personalized things, so you'll see a lot of that, along with new projects and general anticdotes of my life, faith, marriage, parenthood and creativity.

1 comment:

  1. Yea! I'm the first follower and commenter! I love your header. Twink's eyes are amazing in the picture with the hat.

    ReplyDelete