Friday, October 12, 2012

The Weekly Bump: 16 and 17

Wednesday marked 17 weeks.  This pregnancy is flying by.
Here’s what I looked like last week.

IMG_1352

And here’s what I look like today at 17 weeks and 2 days.  It was cold and rainy in Lux, so you get me in yoga pants and a t-shirt.  I have it on good authority (from a friend with lotsa, lotsa baby experience) that comfy pregnant ladies grow cute kids.  Let’s go with that, shall we?  And also, I think I pulled a muscle in my back yesterday, so I’ve been taking it real easy.

IMG_1368

(When I compare these two pictures, it looks like I’m bigger at 16 weeks.  It’s either the yoga pants or the angle, because I am definitely not smaller this week.)

The Baby: He or she is about 5 inches long and weighs about 5 ounces.  I’ve read that the baby can hear now, so Hannah’s been talking to him or her a lot lately. 
Maternity clothes:  Not yet, although I did buy a bella band this week.  The other day, I ate lunch and went to pick Hannah up at school and when I sat down in the car, I had to unbutton my jeans. 
Movement:  Lots and lots of flutters, especially when I lay down at night.  I’ve also felt three or four distinct “thumps” on the left side.
Sleep: I’m sleeping well and night and still on my stomach.  I’ve always been a stomach sleeper, but it is starting to get uncomfortable so it’s not going to last much longer, I’m afraid.
Food Cravings: None, although I still am not down with anything sweet lately.  Olives and anything salty tastes really good to me and I have become a little obsessed with this hummus from a grocery store called Delhaize.  I didn’t really have cravings with Hannah, but I did eat a lot Mexican food.  But I’ve ALWAYS loved Mexican food, so I don’t think that counts.  Unfortunately (or fortunately for my weight gain) Luxembourg just doesn’t have the good Mexican food that we have in America.  (I realize how ridiculous that sounds.)
Symptoms: Nothing major, really!  I get out of breath easily (so embarrassing) and by the time I’m getting Hannah to bed around 7:30 I am ready to just lay on the couch.  Other than that (and the pulled back muscle, which is not related to pregnancy) I am generally feeling good.
Gender: We don’t know!  But I have a suspicion that it’s a boy this time…

3 comments:

  1. Wishing you well in the coming months. I am not sure if you are interested but Le Leche League is having a second hand sale of children's clothes tomorrow (Saturday, 13 October) in Lux. You can go on their website to get more info. I went last year and the selection is extensive (newborn-10yrs old), as well as games, etc., but this year it is in a new place so I am not sure if it will be bigger or smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're doing these updates so I get to share in your pregnancy. You look adorable with your little bump. At this point in my pregnancy I was looking pregnant from behind but not so much from the front.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! I understand about craving food you can't have. There aren't any good Mexican restaurants in France either.

    ReplyDelete