Thursday, July 4, 2013

Fourth of July

From our All American Girl and our US Citizen Born Abroad…

4thofJuly2
Happy Birthday, America!

4thofJuly
This morning we celebrated ‘Merica by dressing in our stars and stripes.
Since schools here in Luxembourg are on a different schedule than in the US, summer break doesn’t begin for two more weeks.
So Hannah wore her American flag shirt to school today.
She goes to the British school.  LOL at the irony.
When we arrived, she asked me how old ‘Merica is.  Embarrassingly, I had to get my phone out to do the calculation.
(She’s 237 years old, if you wanted to know.)

IMG_2590

Then she told her teacher, “Today is America’s birthday, and tomorrow is America’s barbeque.”
She’s kind of right because tomorrow we’ll go to a party hosted by the American Women’s Club of Luxembourg at The US Marine House.

As for Finn, well, it’s his first 4th of July and just this week he appropriately received his real US Passport and Certificate of Birth Abroad.  He’s official.
We’re pretty excited about it.

4thofJuly3

I think he is, too.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I am loving his red hair!!!! Who does he get that from?

    I think it's time for another Hannah video talking in her British accent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Foursons! And where does he get that hair. Absorbs!!! Happy 4th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete