Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father’s Day

Today we celebrate dads.
And I get to be married to one of the best!

114_4339

(Shawn and Hannah at Santa Monica Beach, 2009)

He’s gentle, funny, playful, loves his family and is one of the smartest guys I know.

FinnandShawn(Shawn and Finley, June 2013)

I know I’ve posted this picture before, but it’s one of my recent faves because it really captures who Shawn is as a dad.  Even though he has a demanding job that requires him to travel and work long days, he still makes time to be there with us for the day to day stuff.

IMG_2153

Today we had brunch at one of our favorite restaurants in Luxembourg, went for a walk on the river, and relaxed at home. 

fathersday2

Hannah wore her Lil Boo Blue Daddy’s Girl dress for the third year in a row.  We’ve certainly gotten some mileage out of that one, haven’t we?

fathersday

Happy Father’s Day, Shawn.
We love you!

And I have to mention, as this is the first Father’s Day since my own dad died, how much I love and miss him.  How I wish he was here to see these sweet grandchildren. 

See past Father’s Day posts here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment