Friday, March 8, 2013

The Weekly Bump: 38 (And 3 Years of Blogging)

Almost three years to the day, I started this little blog of mine.
At the time, I was a girl from the mid west who had just opened an Etsy shop, worked part time in Human Resources and was mama to a 2 year old little girl who looked like this:

36449_1454567357584_7672721_n[1]

She was so tiny.
I can barely remember her being so little.

And today, I’m a stay at home mom to a 5 year old (who’s going on 17), have another baby due in just dayzzzz and a sweet baby in heaven.
And we moved from our small town in Ohio to Europe.

(If you would’ve told me all of this back then, I wouldn’t have believed you.
Nope, not for one second.)

Anyway, here’s what I look like today, at 38 weeks and 2 days pregnant.

38weeks

There’s not much to report, really.  At this point we’re just waiting.  The baby is fully developed and just packing on weight until he or she decides to be born.

I’ve been sleeping much better at night, but it seems that I’ll have two days in which I feel really well and have energy followed by one day where I feel sore and just need to sit a lot.
Today when I dropped Hannah off at school, I saw a group of moms in workout gear getting ready to go for a run and I thought about how much I can’t wait until I am back to feeling like my old self and going for long, hard runs!

I had a dr. appointment this week and everything is just fine.  She said that the baby weighs about 7.5 pounds.  Well, she didn’t say 7.5 pounds.  She’s German so she said it in kilos and grams so of course I just stared blankly at Shawn and he converted for me, “That’s about 7.5 pounds.”  He’s accepted that no matter how long we live here, I’ll never learn the metric system.

And just for fun…

Here’s a little collage of the belly at 18, 28 and 38 weeks. 

IMG_1842

It won’t be long until the baby is here and I am so excited to see who he/she looks like.
Hannah has always pretty much been my mini-me so it will be interesting to see if this baby looks anything like Shawn!

3 comments:

  1. Squee! Any day now! I'm so excited to see your new little bundle and to know if Hannah will have a brother or sister. She is going to be such a big help to you. You look fantastic. You are ALL belly. I looked pregnant from behind before I looked pregnant from the front. *sigh* I always wanted to have a belly like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, and congrats on 3 years blogging! I think I've followed you from the very beginning and YES your life has changed SO much! Who would've guessed?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are SO precious! Thank you for sharing with us ... it is certainly a Blessing :)

    ReplyDelete