Sunday, March 17, 2013

Welcome to the World, Baby Boy

Just 51 days after we lost my dad, we welcomed a new member to our family.

He was born in Luxembourg on March 17, 2013 at 8:50PM, after a quick and easy labor and delivery.

BabyBoy1

BabyBoy2

(We promise we’ll decide on a name for him soon.)

Weighing in at 9 pounds, 4 ounces and measuring 20 3/4 inches long, he’s a full pound heavier and an inch longer than his big sister was at birth.
(What can I say?  We make big babies up in here.)

(Oh, and that’s 4 kilos, 210 grams and 53 centimeters for all my metric system speaking friends.)

He’s perfect and beautiful and we are so in love with this little fella.

I can’t believe I get to be a girl and a boy mom. 

He’s the joy after our sorrow, the completion to our little family.

(And worth every minute of first trimester nausea.)

6 comments:

  1. So very many congratulations to you, sweet lady. Yes, the joy after sorrow, what a precious gift he is! Rest well and enjoy these first days as a mama of a wee boy! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you through Kelly's korner a year or so ago, & have enjoyed all your fun, foreign experiences & travel. Congratulations on your baby boy! I'm a mom to a girl then a boy too & love it so much! I'm so sorry for the loss of your dad, I'm sure he's smiling down on his new grandson. Many blessings to you & your family!
    :) Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to you and your family! I am SO excited for you. He is so precious. Many, many wonderful days ahead and I wish each of them to be just FULL of blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! He is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is just perfect Tina!!! I am so happy for you and your little family. I am waiting anxiously (and a little patiently) to learn his name. I look forward to more pictures too!

    ReplyDelete