Friday, March 22, 2013

Insta-Friday: A Birth and A Name

Here are some pictures from my cell phone of what’s been going on the last couple of days.

It was St. Patty’s Day and we’d just gotten home from church. 
At 39 weeks and 4 days along, this is my very last pregnancy photo.
We ate lunch, changed our clothes and were looking for something to do.
Little did we know that our baby would be born just hours later.

IMG_1904

I told Shawn that I thought we should go to the hospital. 
I just wasn’t feeling quite right.
So we loaded up the bags and went.
The nurse checked me and said that not much was happening, but that we should go for a 2 hour walk and then come back.  After one hour of walking around Luxembourg in the rain, I was having contractions every 2 to 2 1/2 minutes.  And they were…painful.

We walked back to the hospital and I was at 5cm.
The nurse told us not to go anywhere…we were having a baby in a few hours!

IMG_1870

And she was right!  In about four hours from the time we started our walk,
we welcomed our second baby to our family – a boy!

And as soon as Shawn said, “It’s a boy!” and I looked at his little face,
I thought, it was you…all along it was you.

IMG_1880

After a few days without a name, we finally ended deliberations.

Introducing Finley Robert.
(Finn for short.)
Robert was my dad’s name.
His birthday was also in March.
I wish he was here to meet this sweet blonde baby.

IMG_1899

I love these three so much.

IMG_1900

We’re home from the hospital and doing well. 

Hannah loves being a big sister. 
Today after school she pulled up a chair and took off her
high heels long enough to sing some lullabies to Finn.

IMG_1916

He’s such a sleepy newborn…and we’re so in love with him!

IMG_1907

He’s just five days old, but it feels like he’s been part of our family forever.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I love that shot of Hannah singing to him!!! He is so wonderfully made. I am just so happy for you, Shawn, and Hannah. You have a PERFECT family.

    ReplyDelete