Thursday, December 27, 2012

A Little Christmas and an Update


This was not at all the way we ever wanted to spend Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.
It was emotional and exhausting and overwhelming.
But our dad knew we were there.  He responded to us by opening his eyes and mouthing a few things to us.
He even smiled when he saw my big baby belly. 
(The last time I was home, I was only 12 weeks along.)

314072_4654083583490_1542521282_n[1]

(Christmas Day 2012: Day 14 in Intensive Care)

After days and days of bad news, he made some improvements and things were looking up.
We were hopeful but we know not to get let our guards down just yet.

We tried to make Christmas as normal as possible for Hannah.
That’s what our dad would want us to do.
I think we did a pretty good job.

Christmas1

 

And then today, a major set back that involved another surgical procedure.
Ugh.
Panic and dread take over every time the phone rings and the caller ID shows that it’s the hospital.

But we are pressing on, trusting and praying for a miracle.

My mom, sister, and I are overwhelmed with the amount of support we’ve received.
From childhood friends, former co-workers, my dad’s college fraternity brothers to people that my sister and I haven’t seen since high school…the food, flowers, cards, offers to babysit, the messages…all of it.
It means the world to us.


“Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble,
and he saved them from their distress.
He sent out his word and healed them;
he rescued them from the grave.
Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love
and his wonderful deeds for mankind.”
Psalm 107:19-21

1 comment:

  1. I read your last post offline so couldn't respond, but now that I have internet access again I just wanted to say I'm thinking of you and your family. Hoping everything gets better in 2013!

    ReplyDelete