Saturday, December 15, 2012

Broken

I had a post all ready to go, but I’ll put it on hold for now. 
After hearing what’s happened at home, it felt all kinds of wrong to be posting about nonsense and little antics from our day-to-day life.

I’m shocked, overwhelmed and heartbroken for the families of the victims of the Connecticut school shooting.  As a mom, I can barely breathe when I think about the horror and panic.

The news reached me via social media at 4:00 on Friday afternoon Luxembourg time (that’s 10:00 AM Eastern Standard Time) and by then my five-year-old was at home with me, safe and sound, happily setting her tiny horses up in their barn. 

mommyhannah1

I certainly don’t want to make someone’s tragedy about me, but I don’t think a parent can help but reflect and think what if? when something likes this happens.
So today I’m putting aside stuff that doesn’t matter and giving some extra snuggles and cuddles to this silly, goofy little girl of mine. 

dancecostume1

 

IMG_1483

Right now, she’s little – too young to understand that the world is broken and messy and full of hate. 

One day, she’ll have questions and I’ll tell her that we’re not guaranteed a tomorrow, nor are we promised a life without troubles.

But I’ll also keep on telling her of that which I am certain:

Jesus loves children.
And He is our rock, our refuge and our help in trouble.

But Jesus called the children to him and said,
"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them,
for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.”
Luke 18:16


God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and
the mountains fall into the heart of the sea.
Psalm 46:1-2

1 comment:

  1. Tina, your words never cease to amaze me. Your insight and thoughtfulness is astounding and I love you for who you are and the way you feel about life - you are a wonderful and beautiful creation of God and you are sharing that with your daughter (and the new "bebe") and I love you for it. Besides all of that, I so look forward to each and every post. The pix are crazy, cool, and I love the outfits for Twinks! Ha! She's a wonder!!! We love you!

    ReplyDelete