Wednesday, July 4, 2012

God Bless America

God bless America
Land that I love.

DSC_0737ab

Stand beside her, and guide her
Through the night with a light from above.

DSC_0765a
From the mountains, to the prairies,
To the oceans with white foam.

DSC_0768a

God bless America,
My home sweet home.

DSC_0767a

July 4th is just another day here in Luxembourg.
But not for us.
Today we celebrated America’s birthday.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again:
Living abroad gives one a whole new appreciation for home.
(Click here to read what I wrote about ‘Merica as we prepared for our first visit since moving.) 

Hannah wore her American flag shirt to school today.
To the British school.
Oh, the irony. 
(She told anyone who would listen that today is her country’s birthday.)

After school, we took an afternoon trip to the American Military Cemetery which is about five minutes from our house in Luxembourg.

056

In the parking lot, we met two American soldiers who were visiting for the day from a nearby military base.  We thanked them for their service and wished them a Happy 4th.

DSC_0750a

Happy birthday, America.
You will always be our home sweet home.

1 comment:

  1. It's official, I want to visit Luxembourg. (Did I spell it right?)

    ReplyDelete