Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Coming To America!

Tomorrow morning we’re getting on an airplane headed for this great place:

Pinned Image(source)

It’s where they serve ice in drinks at restaurants.
And give you free refills without even asking.
It’s where they will deliver a pizza to your house.

It’s the place where options abound and good customer service is easily had. 

It’s where stores and gas stations are open past 6PM and on Sundays. 

The land of the free?  Absolutely. 
But it’s also the land of convenience.

It’s where the roads are wide enough for two cars to pass without tearing each other’s side mirrors off. (This happened to us, btw.)
It’s where the houses have refrigerators large enough to hold groceries for a month.
And you can buy milk by the gallon.
It’s where the mailman will pick up and deliver mail right from your house. 

But the best part about going to ‘Merica?

It’s where our favorite people are.
The ones we love most.
And we can’t wait to see them.

I’ll probably be taking a little break from the blog for the next week or so.
Because ye old laptop has an appointment with the Geek Squad as soon as we get home. These European outlets have zapped the energy from her battery, methinks.

But most importantly, I plan on spending as much time with family as I can and focusing on the real meaning of this season.

Oh, yea.  Before I go…
I’m guest posting HERE with an easy little homemade gift idea.
Check it out.

3 comments:

  1. Yea for Merica!!! The no ice thing drove me crazy when I was in Europe. Is it to much to ask for some ice?!

    Merry Christmas Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a wonderful time, thanks for sharing I have enjoyed looking around your special place. I will follow on my way out so as I can keep in touch. I hope you will find the time to pop over to my place soon and do the same. Whilst I am here I would like to wish you a very Merry Christmas and look forward to engaging more in the New Year! Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete