Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Handprint Crafts

I’ve mentioned before that I love crafts that involve kiddo handprints.
It’s so much fun to look back and see how they’ve grown.

Last Mother’s Day, we made THIS.

Today, Hannah and I got the paints out again and made some Christmas art.
I wish I could say that I came up with all of these ideas myself.
The truth is that I’ve been pinning them on Pinterest for months now.

All you need is construction paper, paint, a few brushes and stickers.
Oh, and some little hands and feet, of course.
We started out by painting hers green.

greenfeet2

Then we stamped them onto a piece of construction paper and made a Christmas tree.

DSC_0100

I painted a trunk and she added stickers and details.

DSC_0104

Next we painted her foot brown and I added the details to make baby Jesus in the manger.

DSC_0102
Then we got silly. 
Both of our fingerprints make this string of lights.
I kept thinking about that line from National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation:
”The little lights aren’t twinkling.”
”I know that, Art, and thanks for noticing.”
That movie never gets old.

DSC_0101

And finally, Rudy and two of his buddies.
Hannah’s precious thumbprints with my poor attempts at reindeer faces.

DSC_0107
What a fun way to spend a cold morning.
We added four new decorations to our Christmas stash.
Our paintings aren’t perfect, but the memories we created sure come close.

greenfeet

1 comment:

  1. What an adorable project for Christmas ~ LOVE, LOVE, LOVE seeing those little feet!

    ReplyDelete