Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mama Likes It

When Hannah was six weeks old, I imprinted her little hand into a piece of clay and made a Christmas tree ornament out of it.

Every couple of months, we put on old clothes, get the paint out and stamp her hands onto cardstock paper
that I file away in her baby album.

I love that I have these little treasures to help
me remember just how tiny she was. 
It’s also fun for her to see how much she has grown.

For Mother’s Day this year, I thought that Hannah’s grandmas would like something with her little hand stamped onto it as well.

106_5549

You’ll only need a couple of things:
Photo frame
Paint
Paint brush or sponge
Cardstock paper106_5538

Paint your child’s hand.  This is Hannah’s favorite part!

106_5539

Stamp it onto the cardstock. 
We made two – one for each grandma.

106_5542

Then I painted a stem, a few leaves and wrote
Hannah’s name and the year.

106_5544

We put it into a frame and now we have the perfect
Mother’s Day gift for two of Hannah’s favorite ladies.

106_5549

I love this flower as much as I love the little girl who
stamped her paint covered hand on to it. 
And that, my friends, is a whole, whole lot.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome gifts and what great memories you are creating with your little one. This will be a great reminder for years to come! JUST FAB ~ :)

    ReplyDelete