Monday, July 2, 2012

Insta-Friday on a Monday

Here’s my weekly post of pics taken on my cell phone.
I usually do this on Fridays, but this week Instagram and I got into a fight and it wouldn’t refresh or even let me login.
But now we’re friends again.
Are you on Instagram?
I’m @tinanicole12 if you want to say hey.

Here we go.

I (thought I) ordered ONE SLICE of pizza. 
This is the kind of thing that happens when I try to speak French.
Confusion all around.
It’ll get better, right?

047

Something that cracks me up about Luxembourg is that there are bars at the entrances to grocery stores.  They’re always packed with men of retirement age waiting on their wives to do the shopping.  If you look closely, you see that one of them is wearing man capris.

047

It was awfully quiet in the back seat and I turned around to see this.
I guess she was just catching up on current events and things going on in the news.
Or, she was getting ready for the big “le foot” match.
Spain v. Italy.  It was kind of a big deal over here.

049

I know I’ve mentioned that houses in Lux don’t have carpet or closets, but have I told you that air conditioning is nearly unheard of?
Here’s a text conversation with one of my British friends.
Yes, we Americans unapologetically love our AC.  I’m not ashamed of it.

095

The Tour de France started on Saturday.
Next weekend they’ll be riding through some towns close to the France/Luxembourg border and we plan on being there. Girlfriend is already getting pumped.

051

And finally, an update on THE QUILT!
It’s been a while, but I finally made some good progress.

049

It’s coming together!  Two more sashes and some tidying up of the threads and it’ll be ready to be shipped back to my sweet friend Stephanie who will do her thing with her very fancy quilting machine.
I can’t wait.

056 
And that’s all I got.
What about you?

4 comments:

  1. The bar at the entrance to grocery stores would be a hit in the USA. It would provide "quality time" for a husband and wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man capris? Love it!!! And I love the quilt, I can't wait to see it all finished!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is going to be GORGEOUS. I saw man capris when we were over there many years ago. Apparently they were an item that has stuck around. The bar in the grocery store totally needs to make its way over to the states. That is genius.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I found your blog a few days ago and read some of your entries about how you
    get used to living in Luxembourg. I loved it and look forward to your new posts.

    Have a nice day! (as the sun is out for once :o)

    ReplyDelete