Saturday, March 3, 2012

Swiss Miss

The third and final stop on our little holiday was Geneva, Switzerland.
This was the second time Shawn and I’ve been to Switzerland and once again, we were not disappointed.

Neither was this little girl.

DSC_0834a
I think that the Swiss are a dee-lightful people.
They were kind and friendly and eager to speak to me in English upon figuring out that I’m American, which is basically as soon as I open my mouth.  I’m sure they’d rather speak English than listen to me louse up the beautiful French language.

One thing that I didn’t know (or remember) was that Switzerland doesn’t use the standard European electrical outlets.  They call it a “Type J Swiss,” I later learned.  

So in the hotel the night before, I was all This outlet is different so I don’t think I’m gonna be able to charge the camera battery.
And then Shawn was all Oh,  I have a Type J Swiss extension cord and adaptor in my bag. 
And I was all Wha? What in the world?  How did you…?  Where did you…? 

This is just one of the reasons I love traveling with my husband. 
The guy is always prepared.

DSC_0821a

The next morning we headed to Lake Geneva. 
Beautiful area, it is.
Oh, and remember when I said that Shawn and I are convinced that no matter where in the world you are, there’s a Michael Bolton or Phil Collins song playing on the radio?
Yep, Phil Collins lives on this very lake. 
We simply can’t avoid either of them. 

DSC_0813a

We didn’t have a lot of time because we had a five hour drive home and didn’t want to get in late.  So we stopped for one final family picture with a fully charged camera, thanks to Shawn and his Type J Swiss cord.

DSC_0842a

We’re back in Luxembourg and our normal routine.
Shawn’s back at work and Hannah went back to school. 

And next week?  Next week I’m starting French classes.
(It’s been a very long time since I’ve been in school.)

So, here’s to a successful first European holiday.
And many more to come.

3 comments:

  1. Keep on enjoying. Sounds like you are all having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you are enjoying your time. I love the pics. You have a beautiful family.
    Becky S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was Shawn a Boy Scout? That man is prepared for anything and everything! Switzerland was by far one of my favorite countries to visit. Did you go to see a castle while there? Next time I eat a Toblerone I am going to think of y'all. :)

    ReplyDelete