Monday, March 5, 2012

I’ve Joined an Abbey

In the last two months, I’ve gotten to be friends with a couple of other moms that I met at Hannah’s school.  They are a great group of girls, the kind that I could totally become good friends with.

Anyways, they’d been talking about a TV show.

Have you heard of Downton Abbey?
Even though I hadn’t watched it, I was just eh about it.

Actually, I thought it was called Downtown Abbey and that it was about nuns living in the city. 

Then I started seeing stuff about it on Facebook and other blogs.
So last Saturday I pulled it up on ye old Netflix and watched the first episode.
(It was not about nuns living in an abbey in the city.)
And then I watched the second episode.
After Hannah went to bed that night, I watched two more episodes.

I simply cannot get enough of Maggie Smith as Violet Crawley with her sideways glances and snarky one-liners.

Shawn watched with me, although he is pretending not to like it.
(But I think he likes it almost as much as I do.)

By the middle of the week, I’d worked my way through the first season and upon further research I found that you can visit the castle where the show is filmed.
And get this - it’s only a seven hour drive from Luxembourg.

So I sent a text to Shawn to tell him.
His response?
If m’ladyship wants…
(That won’t mean anything to you if you haven’t watched the show.)

Because season 2 isn’t on Netflix, I searched the web and found it HERE.

Then I learned that season 2 episodes are only available for viewing online until March 6.
I knew it was time to get down to business.
I was on a deadline.
And I met it.
 
Now, what will I do until season 3 starts?

2 comments:

  1. Love that show! It is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always thought it was Downtown Abbey too and even read it that way at the beginning of your post. Ha! I guess I'm going to have to look into this show. :)

    ReplyDelete