Monday, August 1, 2011

Career Change

I’ve been working in Human Resources since I graduated from college.  I worked full time until Hannah was born and when my maternity leave was coming to an end, I was given a great opportunity to work on a part time basis. I’ve been doing this for the last three and a half years.  My typical schedule has been to work in the mornings and then be home after lunch.  We have been blessed to have my parents take care of Hannah while I worked.  I couldn’t have asked for a better deal, really.

With some changes coming soon for our family, Shawn and I have decided that it’s time for me to take an “extended leave” from corporate America and start a new job.  So, last Friday I cleaned out my desk and turned in my laptop and company credit card. 

This new job will be different.  Quite different.
There is no paycheck.
No annual performance review.
And certainly no raises.
My bonuses will be paid in the form of hugs and kisses.
I’ll have no sick days.
No paid vacation.
And no personal days.

Oh, and the hours?  I’ll pretty much be on call 24/7.
But really, I can’t think of a job I’d rather have.

Today is my first day as a full time stay at home mom.

momshirt

I think this little girl is pretty excited about it. 
And so am I.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm so excited for you!!! This is one decision you will never regret. And if you love working - just know that in 10-15 years - you can do it for the rest of your life! But you might just find full-time staying home a blast!!! :) You know I do lol!!! Plus, I have a funny feeling you will find something amazingly creative to do from home that could bring in income if you wanted - like the Proverbs 31 woman!

    Love ya,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you Tina! I know you will cherish this time home w/Hannah. It is going to be such a blessing to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah's face says it all!!! What a great news :)

    ReplyDelete