Friday, August 12, 2011

Insta-Friday

Little Miss had VBS this week.  This gave me two hours each morning to be an administrative assistant to my husband.  
He’s a pretty cool boss.  
He even brought me iced tea.

I also did some grocery shopping.

grocery

I’ve always had a natural tendency toward cleanliness.  It doesn’t help that I worked for a company that makes hand sanitizer.  I probably know more about bacteria and other such infectious agents than the average person. 

Germ-a-phobe much? 

Well, you just never know who or what has come in contact with the produce at the grocery store.  Here’s my little antibacterial solution for fruits and veggies.  (You’re welcome.)
As soon as I get home from the grocery store, I mix 3 cups of water and 1 cup of white vinegar.  I soak all my produce for a few minutes and then rinse in cold water.  I promise you won’t taste a trace of vinegar and you’ll kill nearly every Germy McNasty in the bunch.  Plus, your goodies will last longer in the fridge and vinegar is way cheaper than those washes you can buy in the store.

strawberries

This little pool-haired lady got her first passport this week, along with a pamphlet titled:
“With Your US Passport, The World Is Yours.” 
Indeed, the world is hers. 

passport

If you ride in my car during the summer months, I hope you don’t mind wind-blown hair.  And, yes, sometimes I also have the air conditioning on.  Relax.  I only do it once in a while.

sunroof

We went to a Mommy & Me horse back riding class this week.  We started out on a pony.
We groomed and fed.  We saddled up, cowgirl style. 
We trotted and turned.
The instructor told me that Hannah would have taken the pony to a full out gallop if she would have let her.
She also asked if she and the pony could attempt some jumps. 
The girl has no fear.

ponyride

I generally don’t snap cell phone pics while driving. 
But this little treasure? 
Well, I couldn’t pass it up. 
If you look closely, the sign on the back of the truck reads:

LADYS
I LOVE
BEING
FLASHED 

I couldn’t make this stuff up if I tried.
I’d have been far more entertained by the attempt at a double entendre, but I was totally distracted by the misspelling of the plural form of “lady.” 

truck

 

life rearranged

I’m linked up with Jeannette over at life rearranged.  Go visit her!

3 comments:

  1. Love your pictures again this week. I hope they have horseback riding in Germany! The misspelling of ladies cracks me up. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about this post as I was washing broccoli last night. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha I bet the person driving that truck with the sign is a real gem, LOL. ;-)

    ReplyDelete