Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Easter and No Need for Pink Sponge Rollers Here.

Did you have an amazing Easter?
We did.
Our families do it up big at Easter.
So big, in fact, that we rent a hall so that we have
enough room to contain it all.
Despite all the big doing up, Easter is the most
relaxed holiday for me.
Why?
Because 10 years ago my mom and Shawn’s mom put their heads together and decided to have one collective celebration for both of our families.  Unlike other holidays, we go to just this one party and don’t have to constantly check our watches to make sure that we leave on time to make it to the next.  Everyone that we want to visit is already right there!
Over the years, the party has grown to include extended family, extended extended family, friends, co-workers, their extended families and pretty much anyone that catches wind of the party.  It’s a free for all, really.  No one is a stranger when it comes to celebrating Easter with us. 

Easter3

This little girl got more than her weight in
candy in her basket this year. 
Look at her, all laid back and relaxed. 
She has no idea that I plan on eating her chocolate
while she naps this week.

Easter2
When I was little, my mom always made my sister and me sleep in those pink sponge rollers the night before Easter so that we would have springy ringlets the next day.  I always thought that if I ever had a little girl, I would do the same.

Easter1

As it turns out, I don’t need to. 
These hair she was born with does the job all on its own.

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die."  John 11:25-26

No comments:

Post a Comment