Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Cure For What Ails Ya

This poor girl.

droffice

We’ve been so fortunate to have only a few minor bouts of illness in her little 3 year life. 
(Last Christmas was the worst, however.)

I knew something was wrong this week when she didn’t ask for her morning milk and banana and by 10AM she was on the couch asleep.  Not normal for a milk-and-banana-loving-2:00-on-the-nose-napping girl.

She was feverish and kept saying that her neck hurt.  I asked her to show me where and she opened her mouth, pointed inside and said, “My neck hurts on the inside.”
Ah, a round about description.  Her throat.

Off to the doctor’s office we went.  We didn’t get to see our regular doc, and they didn’t ask Hannah to wear one of these.

The verdict: strep throat.
This is a new one for Hannah, but I remember having it as a kid.
I knew how miserable my little girl must have felt. 
But, as always, she was a trooper. 
“Thank you for taking care of me,” she told the nurse on our way out.

The sweet doc told me that it was quite contagious and I’d probably already been exposed to it.  She peeked at my throat, nose and ears and gave me a prescription as well. 
A preemptive strike, if you will.

After the meds kicked in, a bit of time on the couch, and homemade chicken noodle soup from my mom, Hannah is back in the saddle, so to speak.

lucky1

Stunts and all.

IMG00300-20110422-1807

1 comment:

  1. Glad she's feeling better so quickly. It's no fun when they're so sick although I do enjoy the hugs and cuddles they desire.

    ReplyDelete