Wednesday, January 26, 2011

In Which My Husband is Giddy

I’ve been doing a lot of cooking lately. 
I’ve always rated myself as just an average cook.
But recently, I think my stock has risen.

Enter The Pioneer Woman and her cinnamon rolls
And her lasagna.

I spent an afternoon making two trays of the yummy goodness that PW calls The Best Lasagna Ever. 
One for us and one for my in-laws. 
My husband’s reaction?
“Wow. Wow.  I feel like we’re in Tuscany.”

Best Lasagna Ever?  Rightfully named.

Next up were the cinnamon rolls. 
The recipe yields seven pans of rolls, but I ended up with five. 
I guess in all that made-from-scratch doughy excitement,
I sliced mine a bit thicker. 
They were delish, nonetheless. 
And washed down with a tall glass of milk?
Heavenly, I tell you.

cinrolls2

So thanks, PW, for making me look like a
rock star in the kitchen.

cinnrolls6

I’m speaking his love language.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you're speaking mine too. Her cinnamon roll has way to many steps for me though. Seriously- a TON. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look amazing!!!! I'm going to have to try them. I'm a huge fan of PW & make her Spagetti & Meatballs at least 2-3 times a month. My boys love 'em. You just can't go wrong with her recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i need to try those! PW has some AWESOME recipes!

    ReplyDelete