Monday, September 8, 2014

So Many Selfies, So Little Time

While we were in Ohio a few weeks ago Hannah, Finn and I got to visit one of my college friends and her family in their new home. 

Our little girls got along great.

IMG_2749

And our second babies were born within six weeks of each other. 

IMG_2753

We had a lot of outtakes…

IMG_2758

…before we finally got a good picture of all four kids.

IMG_2756

Then the selfies started.

IMG_2762

I die at the cuteness of these two.

IMG_2761

Do you see that candle sitting there on the mantle?  The one with folks ice skating?  We were trying our best to get it in the picture.
Don’t ask…

IMG_2760a

IMG_2764a

Everybody now.

IMG_2771

IMG_2765

IMG_2767

IMG_2769

IMG_2772a

I also got to see some of my other friends while we were home, and I have no idea why, but we didn’t take any pictures. (Selfies, or otherwise.)

Boo.

And to my friends that I didn’t get to see while I was home, I’m sorry to have missed you.  I wish I could have coffee or lunch or dinner with everyone.  Truly.
I treasure all of you.

And speaking of coffee, I have never been a coffee drinker, except NOW I AM.  While I was home, my sister got me started and I’ve had a delicious cup of iced coffee nearly everyday since.  I even ordered one here in Europe and the barista looked at me like I was crazy and asked why would anyone want to drink cold coffee because coffee is made to drink hot. 

“So, you don’t get many orders for iced coffee, then?”

”Only from Americans.”

Right.

Anyway, we’ve been back in Lux for three weeks and in those three weeks, we’ve been to Cologne, Rome, and Brugge.  And today was Hannah’s first day back at school, in Year 2, which is the US equivalent of first grade.  But more on these things later.

For now, here’s to selfies and friendship.
And iced coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment