Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Scenes From Ohio

Last Wednesday, we got up early(ish) and went to Southern(ish) Ohio.
There’s a place called The Wilds, where you hop onboard an open air vehicle and go on a safari-like trip through a wildlife preserve.

IMG_2570

Cousins waiting to go on safari

We got up close and personal with all kinds of animals.

IMG_2572

IMG_2582

IMG_2712

This one was my favorite.

IMG_2713

The birds loved Hannah…

IMG_2710

...and my shoes.

IMG_2711

IMG_2604a

The next day we woke up early and headed out to the lake for some boating with my mom, Shawn’s parents, aunt and uncle and the cousins.  It was the most perfect day – warm, sunny and we practically had the lake to ourselves.

IMG_2727

The captain.

Along with the boat, we rented a jet ski.  Shawn’s uncle spent most of the day taking the kids for rides.

IMG_2729

IMG_2655

We tubed.

IMG_2730

Do you know who that is out there?  It’s my mom.  Oh, yes.  It is.
She also went on the jet ski.
Who knew she was so adventurous?!

IMG_2731

Finn had a great time, but he was so happy to get that bulky life jacket off at the end of the day.

IMG_2652

So, what else have we been doing while we’re home?
Well, my sister came to town.

IMG_2748

We got facials and manicures and took flowers to my dad’s grave.

IMG_2715

IMG_2723

And Finn got his hair trimmed.

IMG_2779

We spent lots of time with cousins…

IMG_2801

…and tried to get everyone to pose for some pictures.  But sometimes you just gotta take whatever you can get.  (I hope these kids recreate this one in 20 years.)

IMG_2797

Shawn was here in Ohio for just one week – he had to go back to Lux for work, but the kids and I stayed for a bit longer.  We’ve been spending time with family and friends and enjoying some of our favorite foods and places that we miss when we’re in Luxembourg. 
Although, I haven’t been to Target yet.
Oh, the shame.

Later this week, we’ll be heading back across the pond.
That’s one overnight flight and two layovers with two kids.
Or, as I like to call it – a personal test of endurance.

So I’ll see you on the other side…if I pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment