Friday, May 17, 2013

2 Months

Finley is two months old today. 
I feel like I came home from the hospital, blinked my eyes and here we are already.

I’m really loving having a baby in the house. 
Especially this baby.  He’s so sweet and easy going.

FinnAnnoucement3

Our next doctor appointment is in another two weeks, so we’ll find out how much he’s grown.  I would guess that he’s around 13 pounds, maybe more.  As you can see, he doesn’t miss any meals.

Finnguitar1

Speaking of meals, we’re breastfeeding exclusively and have settled into somewhat of a routine.  He’s been eating every three hours during the day and every two and a half(ish) hours in the evening.  He kind of cracks me up when he eats because he slurps and grunts and then burps ridiculously loud.  He’s such a boy.

As far as sleeping, he’s still – fingers crossed – going to sleep around 9PM, waking once around 4AM to eat and then going back to sleep until around 7:30.  Sometimes at the 4AM feeding, he will nurse for about 3 minutes and then fall back asleep, so I suspect that he may drop this feeding soon.   He’s still sleeping in his little bassinet in our room and has taken a few naps in the crib in his room.  Shawn was just asking me when we’ll move him into his own room but I’m in no rush.

finnbestbrother

Finley’s been giving us lots and lots of smiles, coos and even a few out loud giggles.  He loves to lay on the floor and “talk” to us.  He especially loves to watch Hannah.  She can always get him to smile.

FinnAnnouncement1

His smile melts my heart!  It’s hard to catch a picture of him smiling because as soon as I get my camera out, he gets all serious and stares at it.

finnbrother

He loves to be in his swing, his bouncy seat and worn in the Over the Shoulder Baby Holder.  We alternate these throughout the day, depending on where we are and what we’re doing. 

(And apparently, he doesn’t mind being posed in a laundry basket while he’s sleeping either.
He’ll thank me someday.  Maybe.)

We’re on the go a lot, but Finley and I spend some days just hanging out at home while Hannah’s at school.  Shawn’s been in Poland most of this week so today while we waited for him to get home we went into Luxembourg city to one of our favorite spots – The Chocolate House, which is directly across from the Grand Ducal Palace. 

IMG_2317

And just like that, two months have flown by. 
I can’t wait to see how he continues to grow and show us his personality.
We love this little guy so much! 

1 comment: