Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Weekly Bump: 31, Some Updates and Wise Words (That Are Not My Own)

My sister, mom and I get so many phone calls, texts and emails asking how things are going, what’s going on and are there any updates…so I thought I’d put them all into one little post here.

The pregnancy update:
I’m 32 weeks along now and still feeling good, although I’ve had to slow ‘er down quite a bit.  I’m feeling big and awkward and I’m simply just not as agile as I used to be.  Ya know how there’s that window in pregnancy where you feel vibrant and cute? 
Well, that window has closed, friends. 
Here I am last week at 31 weeks. 

IMG_1727

 

I had an appointment with my doctor here in the US and all is fine.  Baby’s heartbeat was 140 exactly.  Hannah’s was always higher, but my doc assured me that the heart rate is absolutely no indicator of if it’s a boy or girl.  Ha! 
We’re so thankful and excited for this sweet baby that will be here in about 9 weeks!
The shipment of baby gear that was shipped to Luxembourg has arrived at our house and Shawn has been busily cleaning out the baby’s room and assembling the furniture.  It’s been so long since we’ve had a baby in the house…it will seem funny to have a crib and all that baby stuff around again. 

 

An update on my dad:
He’s still hanging in, although we received devastating news that there’s nothing more that can be done.  My sister had returned to Los Angeles early last week, but hopped on a red eye two nights ago and is here with us again in Ohio.  We’re spending what remaining time we have at the hospital with him.  We’re all exhausted down to our bones but making the most of it.  We’ve been so, so blessed by friends and family who’ve been helping us out during this time.  We don’t know how the timing will all fall into place, but Shawn is planning on being back in the US with us later this week.

Last Saturday, my mom and I took a little afternoon break from the hospital, doctors, nurses, IV’s and talk of all things respiratory and took this little princess to see the Disney Princesses on ice. 

582623_4803231992107_668740127_n[1]

I had mentioned to I don’t even remember who that we were going to the ice show and what a shame it was that all of Hannah’s princess dress up costumes were in Luxembourg.  Wouldn’t you know that a few days later a package showed up on my parents’ porch that contained this dress, tiara, necklace and clip-on earrings? 

So, thank you to whomever is the fairy godmother that did this…
You made a little girl’s day, I tell ya.

I thought she looked pretty darn cute.  I sent this picture to Shawn and I think he panicked a little because he said, “She’s gonna want to get married someday, isn’t she?”

Probably.

 

And finally, a few weeks ago, someone older and much wiser than I gave these words to me.  They’re quite fitting.


Life is But the Weaving

My life is but a weaving
Between my God and me.
I cannot choose the colors
He weaveth steadily.
Oft' times He weaveth sorrow;
And I in foolish pride
Forget He sees the upper
And I the underside.
Not 'til the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly
Will God unroll the canvas
And reveal the reason why.
The dark threads are as needful
In the weaver's skillful hand
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned
He knows, He loves, He cares;
Nothing this truth can dim.
He gives the very best to those
Who leave the choice to Him.
                         -Corrie Ten Boom

1 comment:

  1. Lovely poem Tina, and a lovely princess you have as well.
    So sorry to hear your father will not get better... take good care of your family.

    ReplyDelete