Sunday, January 27, 2013

My Dad

This was the sunrise over Ohio on the morning of January 25, 2013
as Jesus welcomed my dad into heaven. 

428367_4838312269092_344212143_n[1]

After 45 days of critical condition status in intensive care,
the time came for modern medicine to back off and focus on making him comfortable. 
For the next fourteen hours, we stayed in his room with him.
And in God’s perfect timing, my dad took his last breath and left this earth.
He was surrounded by the people he loved most.

In Memory of
Robert Bruce Thornburg
1947 – 2013

Robert B. Thornburg, 65, of Uniontown, Ohio passed away January 25, 2013.
He was born in Akron on March 3, 1947. He graduated from The University of Akron and retired from Bridgestone Firestone after 39 years.
Bob was preceded in death by his father, John. He is survived by his wife, Carol, of 37 years; daughters, Tina (Shawn) Pace of Luxembourg and Traci of Los Angeles, Calif.; grandchildren, Hannah and one on the way; mother, Pauline; brother, John; and best friends, Jim and Debi Merlo.

Family and friends may call on Tuesday, January 29, from 5 to 8 p.m. with a Masonic Service at NEWCOMER FUNERAL HOME, 131 N. Canton Rd., Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, January 30 at 12 p.m. with Pastor Jerry Harpool officiating. Interment at Greenlawn Memorial Park. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions can be made to Lung Cancer Alliance, Box 418372 Boston, MA 02241. To leave a special message for the family online, visit www.NewcomerAkron.com
(Published in Akron Beacon Journal on January 27, 2013)

 

"Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints"
Psalm 116:15

4 comments:

  1. Again Tina, I am so sorry for your loss. I pray for peace and comfort beyond all understanding for you and your family. I didn't realize how very young he was, the exact same age as my dad when he passed away. I remember thinking that 66 years just wasn't enough. I am thankful your dad knew Jesus and that His light shone through by the way of a sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so, so sorry for your loss. It has been a long fight for you all and I pray that you are all at peace. Thinking and praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and your family during this difficult time. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your entire family during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete