Friday, November 9, 2012

The Weekly Bump: Catching Up On 19, 20 and 21

I can’t believe that I’m past the half-way point in this pregnancy.
Here are some pictures of the last few weeks:

19weeks

I reached the 20 week mark on the formal night of our cruise.

20weeks

A woman asked me how far along I was and when I told her she said, “Oh.  Are you having twins?”
”Nope, there’s just one baby.”
Geez. 

Wednesday marked 21 weeks and I had a doctor appointment and an ultrasound.  I really popped out this week.  Here I am at 21 weeks and 2 days.

21 weeks

Hannah always has her hands on my belly – rubbing it, talking to the baby.  It’s so sweet.

The Baby: He or she is about 10.5 inches long and weighs almost 13 ounces. 
Maternity clothes: I’m still in normal shirts, but I did move into maternity jeans last week. Normal skinny jeans are out of the question and although I could probably get away with wearing my normal larger ones unbuttoned with the bella band, maternity jeans are just so much more comfortable.  And so are leggings.  I see myself wearing a lot of leggings and long shirts this winter.
Movement: Lots and lots of movement,  mostly at night.  I’ve noticed that the baby will be very active for a few days in a row, and then have a day or two where he or she is pretty quiet and calm. 
Sleep: I’m still sleeping well at night, but sleeping on my stomach is no longer comfortable.
Food Cravings: Nothing I can’t live without, although olives and hummus are still tasting good to me, as well as nachos.  I’ve been eating cucumber sandwiches for lunch, slathered with hummus and they taste really good.  I did get over my aversion to sweets, but I haven’t had a real need for anything sugary.  I’m still more thirsty than normal. 
Symptoms: Nothing major.  I actually feel pretty great.  I still get out of breath easily but I have plenty of energy during the day.   In the evening, I get tired early and I’ve stopped doing exercises that involve any kind of bouncing.  Spinning is out because those little seats on the bikes just got too uncomfortable.  My body temperature has changed because I am warm all the time and end up kicking the covers off at night. 
Gender: We don’t know! It will be a delivery room surprise! During the first trimester, I was certain that it was a boy because I felt so differently than I did with Hannah.  But now, I feel exactly the same way I did with her, so I don’t have a strong sense one way or another.

We had our big ultrasound this week and everything looks good and healthy.  The baby had his/her hands up the entire time, so we didn’t get a good view of the sweet little face.  But everything measured right where it should be and I am so, so thankful for that.  When we left the appointment, I told Shawn that I feel so much more relaxed knowing that all of his/her parts are accounted for and developing well. 

3 comments:

  1. Love the bumps. I can't believe someone asked if you were having twins, for 20 weeks you look AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great Tina!! You don't look like you are 20 weeks...so tiny!

    ReplyDelete