Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Weekly Bump: 24 (6 Months!)

Today marks 24 weeks, or 6 months!

Here’s what I look like:

24weeks

The Baby: This week the baby is gaining weight, lung and brain tissue.  He or she is about the size of an ear of corn.
Maternity clothes: I’m still wearing normal (long) shirts and maternity jeans/pants.  I can still wear normal leggings if I adjust the waist low below my belly, but that’s starting to be a tight squeeze.
Movement:  I feel lots of movement, but have had some days of quiet with just a few kicks and rolls here and there.  Baby must be tired from all the growing he or she is doing.
Sleep: I’m sleeping pretty well.  I’ve been waking up every few nights but haven’t had much trouble falling back asleep.  I’m still having a lot of strange, vivid dreams.
Food Cravings:  None, although I’m still liking salty foods far better than sweet things.  I’m more thirsty than normal and eating a lot of hummus and cucumbers, although I promise you when we get to the US for Christmas, I will be having Taco Bell.  Probably more than once.  I’m noticing that I feel full pretty fast, so I’ve been trying to eat a bunch of small meals/snacks instead of big meals.  I ate a lot of comfort foods over Thanksgiving so this week I’ve been snacking on veggie sticks (boring) to try to make up for it.
Symptoms:  A big belly!  I still get out of breath easily and I feel like everything is moving upwards as my belly grows.  Today I did my workout that I’ve been doing for a few months now and got tired much faster than I did just two days ago.  It might be time to adjust a bit because my body was definitely saying SLOW DOWN, SISTER.  Other than that, I feel great.  I have good energy during the day.
Gender: It’s a surprise!

2 comments:

  1. You look fabulous! You are nearing the home stretch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute as a pregno!! Do you think you will have a chance to visit during Christmas? I promise not to keep you 4 hours!!

    ReplyDelete