Saturday, June 9, 2012

Oui, oui? Non, Wee Wee.

Alternatively titled: More Funny French Stuff, But This Time It Wasn’t Me.

This week I called the veterinarian’s office to make an appointment for our dog, Louie.
(We found a wonderful English speaking vet here in Luxembourg, but she is on maternity leave right now so we were referred to another.)

Me: Je voudrais un rendez-vous pour mon chien, sil vous plait.
(I’d like an appointment for my dog, please.)
Parlez-vous anglais?
(Do you speak English?)

Receptionist: Oui, un peu.  I try.

I answered a bunch of questions, gave our name and the reason Louie needs to see the vet.
Blah, blah, blah.

Receptionist: Okay. Saturday ten o’clock.
What is the dog called?

Me: Louie.

Receptionist: Okay, yes.  Wee Wee has been here before, no?

Me: Uh, yes.  Actually, it’s Louie.

Receptionist: Yes, doctor will see Wee Wee Saturday.

Alright, Wee Wee.
Get your leash and put on a beret.
We’re going to the vet.

Louie3

2 comments:

  1. So did you correct her when y'all showed up? Poor Louie. Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw... Wee Wee, it's so cute! I hope 'Wee Wee' didn't mind the trip to the vet too much :)

    ReplyDelete