Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Not Even Flava Flav Would Wear This

So, two weekends ago we took Hannah to a small town fair.  We had driven by earlier in the day and saw that they had pony rides for the kiddos.  I may have mentioned a time or two that my little girl, well, she loves the ponies.
We made our way over to the ticket booth. Hannah and I got in line and chose a nice one named Carlos.  I lifted her so that she could put one foot in the stirrup.  Like a true cowgirl, she grabbed the horn, swung her other leg over and got situated in the saddle.  Shawn stood on the sidelines to take pictures.  We circled around the carousel a few times, waving to him as we passed.

InstaFriday6

“Mommy, will you get me a horse necklace?”

“Sure! I think that’s a great idea,” I said, picturing a dainty, elegant silhouette of a filly.  Perhaps in silver, with Hannah’s monogram engraved on one side.  It would be a keepsake.  She would wrap it up in tissue paper and slide it into her suitcase when she goes off to college.  And maybe even tuck it to her bouquet on her wedding day.

When our turn was over, I lifted her out of the saddle and we petted Carlos on his mane.  As we were exiting the live animal area, Hannah ran over to a table displaying all kinds of chotchkies and said, “Here’s my horse necklace!” 

Oh, dear.  This was not the monogrammed keepsake I had envisioned.  And since I had already told her I would get her a horse necklace, well, there was no turning back. This is what we came home with.

horsenecklace1

And to make it even better, the necklace and the horse itself light up in all colors of the rainbow and flash around like a strobe light. 

horsenecklace2

When Mardi Gras rolls around, I guess we’ll be all set.

1 comment:

  1. Bwhahahahahahaha. That's hilarious. I'm guessing that she is going to be wearing her accessory EVERYWHERE from this point forward.

    ReplyDelete