Sunday, October 31, 2010

An Orchard, a Birthday and Trick or Treat

Last week, Hannah and I headed to a local apple orchard for some apple picking fun.  

apples1apples2

apples3

When we got back home, we peeled, sliced and baked the apples in a homemade caramel sauce.  I’ve never made homemade caramel before, but it was quite easy.

apples4

And quite delicious!  Once the apples and caramel were in the oven, we couldn’t help ourselves from licking the remaining caramel.  Hannah was such a sticky mess that she got a bath immediately after.  The caramel kept getting in her hair, so I put her curls up into a quick up-do.  I thought she looked so cute and grow up!

100_5186

With the remaining apples, I made a homemade housewarming fragrance.  I found the recipe on a blog, and I cannot remember where…
Anyways, you slice an apple, an orange and put them into a pan with water.  Add some cloves and a few cinnamon sticks.  Boil the mixture and then turn the heat down to low and let it simmer all day.  Your house will be filled with the most delicious fall scent!  You simply add more water throughout the day as it simmers down.  The oranges will fall apart and the apples get soggy, but I assure you the fragrance is incredible!

100_5219 

Last week was also Hannah’s 3rd birthday.  We have a party planned for her with family next weekend.  On the actual day of her birthday, Shawn and I took her to Chuck E. Cheese
for the first time.

We played a few games.

chuckecheese

But we spent most of our time on the horse. 
Hannah is such a little cowgirl! 
chuckecheese2 

And, speaking of cowgirls, here she is trick or treating.  It was no surprise when I asked her what she wanted to be for Halloween and she said a cowgirl.
cowgirl6 cowgirl7
The costume was really easy and inexpensive to put together.  The vest was Shawn’s when he was little.  When Shawn’s mom gave it to me I almost started crying!  His grandmother had made it for him, and it was special that she saved it all these years and that Hannah wore it.  Shawn brought the pink bandana, sheriff badge and pink rope back from a recent trip to Houston.  I found the cowgirl hat for less than $5 at a party supply store.  I tried to attach a pink bow to the hat, but Hannah asked me to take it off.  I guess it took away from the authenticity…
She’s the rootinest, tootinest cowgirl I know!

1 comment:

  1. I wish we had apple orchards here. I think it must be to hot for them.

    I love that she is a cowgirl. That's so awesome. You'll have to get her riding lessons.

    ReplyDelete