Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving

Today’s just another Thursday in Luxembourg, and no matter how long I live here, I don’t think I’ll ever get used to that.  It’s business as usual and everyone is going about their day to work, school, the grocery store, and whatnot. 

Today when I was walking Hannah to school, I kind of felt like don’t you people know?  We should be at home watching the parade and putting the turkey in the oven!
Hannah’s teacher and many of our friends here wished us a Happy Thanksgiving, which was so, so kind.

We had originally planned on going to Fakesgiving, like we did last year, but Shawn traveled last week, this week and is leaving again on Monday morning.  Three of the four of us have also had a stomach bug this week, so we decided that we need a quiet day at home together on Saturday. 

As for today, Shawn is in Bled, Slovenia (returning home tonight) and I’m hanging with these two turkeys:

IMG_3251

Oh, and I also worked out this morning.  I joined a gym about six weeks ago and I’ve been working out with a personal trainer.  I’ve never used a personal trainer before and I’m seeing results really fast because he sets up all the workouts and nutrition that are just right for me.  He’s far more fit than I (duh) and younger, and if I’m being honest here, I sometimes wonder if the other gym goers think I’m some kind of a cougar or something. 

So that’s pretty much how we spent the actual day of Thanksgiving this year.  Although I would’ve loved to be in the US with our families, I feel so thankful for where we are, who we have in our lives and what we’ve been blessed with. 

And with that, I guess it’s time to officially kick of the Christmas season, which will include some trips to the Christmas Markets here in Europe and our big trip home to the US in a few weeks.

Oh, and endless text messages and Facebook wall posts containing quotes from Clark W. Griswold.
(If you’re my sister or one of my best friends from college.)

No comments:

Post a Comment