Thursday, May 8, 2014

Way Back in February We Went Skiing

After my little break, I’m finally getting caught up on things on the old blog.
Let’s go back to February, shall we?
It was the half term school break in Europe, which is also known as QUICK! EVERYONE GET TO THE MOUNTAINS FOR SKIING.
Shawn had been in the US for work and returned to Luxembourg on a Sunday, just as we were saying goodbye to my sister who was going back to Los Angeles.

On Monday afternoon, we loaded up the car and headed to a precious little chalet in Les Gets (pronounced LAY ZSHAY) in the French Alps.

1959720_10202413119022704_92712882_n

(He LOVES his car top carrier.)

DSC_0001

IMG_3564

Finley spent the entire week trying to figure out how to get outside to the snow.

IMG_3561
And Hannah and Shawn spent nearly all of their time on the slopes.  
Hannah took lessons with a French ski instructor named Marco, and every time she said his name she pronounced it with a French accent.

IMG_3565

Now, I know that the title of this post leads one to believe that we, as in all of us went skiing, but the truth is that only Shawn and Hannah skied.  You see, in the days prior to leaving I was feeling a cold coming on and by the time we arrived at Les Gets, I had a full case of tonsillitis.  We’re talking sore throat, fever, and tonsils the size of golf balls.  It was delightful.

Since I wasn’t out on the slopes, I only have a few pictures of this trip, and I think this has to be my favorite:

IMG_3560

 

I’ll be doing some more catching up when we return from this weekend’s adventure.
We’re heading to Germany (with three other families) to Phantasialand, which is a theme/amusement park.  My friend sent me a text this afternoon saying that she’d been looking on the park’s website and read that The Black Mamba rollercoaster has restrictions for “guests with particularly large thighs.”

I have no idea what the Germans consider “particularly large thighs.”
So I guess I should bring some Spanx.

And don’t worry, Shawn’s already packing up the car top carrier.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word- really? No thunder thighs allowed? Bwhahahahahahahahaha. Sorry you were sick for your entire ski vacation!

    ReplyDelete