Wednesday, April 30, 2014

I’m Still Here, And I’ll be Back Later With More

Yes, I’m still here.  And I’m fine.
I hadn’t planned on taking such a long break from the blog, but you see, what happened is that my laptop died. Well, my laptop itself didn’t die, but the power cord did and my laptop is so old that her battery won’t hold a charge and has to be plugged in to power up.

Some might say it’s time for a new laptop, but I like to squeeze every single last ounce of use out of things before I replace them. Plus, the thought of researching and shopping for a new one makes me itch and break out in a sweat.  So for now, I’ll just be using Shawn’s when he doesn’t need it.

I’ve also been sorting through some rough stuff the last couple of months and every time I sat down to write, the words just wouldn’t flow.
Maybe I’ll write about that later.

Anyway, I’ve got lots to catch up on – our ski holiday, Finley’s first birthday, Easter, and other shenanigans like Shawn being mistaken for an employee at a home improvement store and why Finley wasn’t wearing pants when we picked Hannah up from school one day and then went to my doctor appointment.

Oh, and speaking of birthdays, today is Shawn’s. 
On his 17th birthday, he introduced me to his entire family for the first time.  It’s hard to believe that was 20 years ago.

DSC_0116a

We celebrated with dinner, presents, a (homemade) cake…

IMG_3721

…and a game of Just Dance Disney on the wii.
She got to be Mary Poppins.
I had to be Burt.

IMG_3717

Tomorrow is an official holiday in Luxembourg (Labour Day) and we plan on doing some chores around the house, grilling kabobs and maybe going to the park if it’s nice. 
Friday’s a day that lots of people faire le pont, but it’ll be business as usual around here for us and I’m planning on taking Finn to get his hair trimmed.

And I promise he’ll be wearing pants.

1 comment:

  1. Good to get an update! (I always liked Burt better than Mary Poppins. He was fun.)

    ReplyDelete