Monday, May 19, 2014

At The Weekend, I...

Every Monday, Hannah's class starts the morning with "At the weekend, I..."
Each kid has a notebook and they write all about the things they did over the weekend.
(I really hope that we get to keep hers because not only are the things she chooses to write about hilarious, but the way she spells is priceless.)

Shawn's been in 'Merica for work since early last week and while we're used to him working long hours during the week, I always hate when his business travel keeps him away over a weekend.

But we made the most of the time and the weather was just perfect!

On Saturday morning we went to Trier, Germany to do a little shopping.  We stocked up on essentials because Germany is way cheaper than Luxembourg.



We found a great little playground so we ate some sandwiches and played for a few hours.




He stays so neat and tidy when he plays outside.


On Sunday all of the museums and castles in Luxembourg were open with free admission, so I took the kids to the Natural History Museum in the Grund, which is one of the oldest parts of Luxembourg City.




It was too beautiful of a day to go back home, so we spent the rest of the afternoon walking along the Alzette river.



I struggled a bit with the stroller on some of the stairs, but people were so kind to assist.  One woman asked me (in English) if she could help and when I told her that I'd appreciate it, she said, "Your English is excellent."
I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that I'm, you know, American.
It turns out that she was from Denver, here on vacation.
Holla American tourist in Luxembourg.


I think Hannah had some good material for her notebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment