Thursday, November 7, 2013

Now We Are Six

When I was one, I had just begun.
When I was two, I was nearly new.
When I was three, I was hardly me.
When I was four, I was not much more.
When I was five, I was just alive.
But now I am six, I'm as clever as clever;
So I think I'll be six now for ever and ever.
                                 A.A. Milne

1378568_10201623677567161_1498764319_n[2]

Last week Hannah turned 6. 
We were in America so we celebrated at her favorite restaurant – Mexican, of course.
We also had a little party with family.

At six, Hannah loves princesses, dressing up, playing with make-up, dance classes, school, reading books, practicing her writing, horses, singing silly songs, words that rhyme, play dates with friends, Caesar salad, tomato soup and taking care of her baby brother.

She’s lost three teeth and is rockin’ Year 1 (US equivalent of Kindergarten).  According to her teacher, “Hannah always does the right thing.”  We couldn’t be more proud of her.

In the last two years, she’s traveled between Europe and the US 15 times.  I think.  I’ve lost count.
She’s an amazing traveler and I can always count on her to be my little helper.

Some recent Hannah quotes:

”Mom, what’s the French word for palindrome?”

“Take a look around you.  All these people are cranky and jet lagged.”

Happy 6th birthday, Twinks!
You are loved more than you’ll ever know.

2 comments:

  1. Oh.my.word. That second quote is priceless! I now have to go look up palindrome, because while I have heard that word I have no idea what it means. Happy 6th Birthday Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog after searching for a Lux expat blog (random, I know) and have spent the better part of the afternoon scrolling through 3 years of your archives :) Your daughter reminds me of the little girl in Hocus Pocus, she is adorable! Greetings from PA and many blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete