Monday, March 7, 2011

Tutorial: Kids Belt

We have a teeny tiny little problem. 
It’s Hannah’s waist. 
She’s tall and slender so pants that fit in the waist are too short and pants that fit in length fall down.  Even pants with the adjustable elastic sometimes don’t cinch tight enough
for her lean little bod.

So we fixed that with my latest project –
The Belt It Out Toddler Belt!

All you need is some scrap fabric, fusible interfacing,
two 1” D-rings, a sewing machine and thread.

belt1

I started out by measuring Hannah’s waist. 
I added about 6 inches to the measurement and
cut out a 23”x3” piece of scrap fabric.

102_5505

Then I ironed a piece of fusible interfacing to the back.

102_5506

I folded right sides together lengthwise and began sewing.  I sewed all the way down the length and across the bottom,   leaving the top open.

102_5507

Then I turned it out,

102_5508

and gave it a good press.

102_5509

Next I pressed the unfinished edge over about 1/2 inch.

102_5510

Then I slipped the D-rings on and tucked the unfinished end under.

102_5512

Finally, I stitched across to hold the D-rings in place.

102_5513

It was so simple that I finished in less than 20 minutes. 
Hannah looks darling in her new belt, but would agree to a photo shoot only if I took a pic of the belt and
not her sweet little face. 

102_5517

Well, that and animal crackers. 
I’m not above it.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! She is so funny. I know I've said that a million times, but she really is.

    Cute belt. I have the same skinny problem w/my boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd pose for the same terms myself!
    The belt is adorable, and you can make several fun ones for her to change up! I love it!

    ReplyDelete