Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mama’s Got a Brand New Bag

Saturday morning, Shawn and Hannah went on a little daddy-daughter date while I went to a sewing class at a local craft studio.

My goal?  Learn to sew a zipper.

It’s not that I’ve never sewn a zipper.
It’s just that nearly every zipper I’ve sewn has been
filed under “Projects that Fail.”

Here’s what I made at the class:102_5447
It’s got a cute pocket for my celly.

102_5451

And one for my little camera.

102_5452

And a zipper!  Oh, would you look at that zipper!

102_5467

102_5468

I was happy with my fabric selection.
And I was happy with my zipper.

But there was just something missing.
It needed some panache.
So with my leftover fabric, I made some panache.

102_5459

102_5466

The bag? Reversible and practical.

The flower? Versatile and ridiculously easy to make. 
No sewing machine required. 
Tutorial coming soon.

5 comments:

  1. I love it! And congrats on that zipper- it looks fabulous. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I LOVE THIS!!!!! It looks awesome & fun & useful & ohhh man, now I'm itching to sew one for myself. I love to sew - especially bags & purses...but recently (like since I had Eli) I literally have been unable to accomplish anything on my sewing machine :( I miss it! SO it's super exciting to see what YOU have made! YOU GO GIRL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! The flower looks adorable too!!!
    www.dashing-home.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete