Monday, September 3, 2012

Checking In…

I know it’s been a little quiet around here lately.
Hannah and I are still hanging out in the US at my parents’ house.
Here’s a little of what we’ve been up to.

While we were getting settled in to my sister’s old room, we came across this -
my wedding veil. 

095

We played mini golf and spent some time with cousins.

096

All lined up in age order – 7, 6, 5, 4, and 3.

097

I spent an afternoon in the ER.
(I’m fine.  I promise.  Everything’s fine.)

098
We spent an afternoon in Amish country and Hannah got to ride this beast of a horse.
She would have stayed up there all day if we let her.

226359_4064537565208_202927448_n[1]
Hannah went to Vacation Bible School and my sister came in to town.
She and I spent a fabulous morning together that included coffee for her, iced tea for me and a trip to Sephora where she talked me into buying a face cream that costs more than a tank of gas.  Seriously, I never laugh (or spend) more than when I’m with my sister.

099

Speaking of laughing with my sister, one of our oldest friends was over and we got to talking about dresses that we wore to high school dances.  Well, wouldn’t you know that my mom still has every single one of them stashed in the basement?  We started looking through them and before I knew it, we were each wearing one. 

itspromtime 
That’s me in the middle, in the dress that I wore to prom in 1995 with Shawn.
(It was a bit of a squeeze this time around.)
See our friend Erin on the right?
Yea, she wore that dress in like 1996. 
Now she has four kids.  INCLUDING TWINS.
And the dress still fits.
I mean, seriously.

Later this week, Hannah and I head back to The Lux.
We’re so excited to see Shawn and get back to our regular schedule, although I’m not looking forward to the long day of travel or the jet lag.  Oh, the jet lag. 
It gets me every single time.
But we have some little trips planned and lots to do before school starts.
Speaking of, I got an email with all of the information for the coming school year, including the name of Hannah’s teacher.

“I wonder if your teacher is going to be British or American?”

She looked me square in the eye.
”Well. I just hope she’s British,” as if nothing else would be acceptable.

It’s been great to be home for the last few weeks.
What a nice little break from translating and converting and the general feeling of being a foreigner.  Oh, and metric system, I have not missed you at all.


So if you need me in the next few days, I’ll be soaking up all my favorite American things.

And hanging out with these fantastic…

Thornburgs.jpg 

…and goofy people.

gooftroop.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment