Thursday, July 22, 2010

Table of Contents

Since discovering this recipe I haven’t bought a jar of spaghetti sauce.  Until now. 

I saw these beauties in the grocery store I picked them up not for what was inside, but for what I could do with them after they were empty. 

107_4681

We recently did a make-over to our back deck and I knew that the coffee table needed a little somethin’. 

107_4759 107_4757

107_4758

I had a tray that was supposed to hold photos, so I removed the photos and sanded her down a bit to give an aged look.  I added some personalization, thanks to my husband’s cousin and her Cricut.  Um, yea.  Totally. Want. One. 

107_4755 I could have gotten away with using generic old glue for the letters, but I didn’t have any on hand. 
So I used my new best friend – Mod Podge. 

I soaked the spaghetti jars in warm soapy water so that the labels would peel off.  I gave one of the jars a coat of my other best friend – Valspar Glass Etch.

107_4754

 I took a few scoops of sand right out of my daughter’s sandbox and planted a candle in it. 
The flowers? Directly from my backyard. 
The hubs is responsible for those. 
Me?
The only thing I am good at planting is a candle into a jar of sand. 

I bought just two jars of spaghetti sauce for this project.  Everything else I already had.  And here’s the finished project, in all of her $6 glory.

table 1 

table 2

I’m linking up with these parties.

13 comments:

  1. I love jars that is a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute candles! I'm going to have to keep my eyes open for some cute bottles and give this a try!

    In response to your tinfoil dinner question, we did ours in the coals of our grill for this one and have done them even in a fire pit. But you can also do them on a grill or in the oven. Somewhere around 350 or 400 should be fine in the oven, just put them on a pan and keep an eye on them. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful backyard retreat! Love your jars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! These look SO pretty! what a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO SO SO cute!
    Let's do lunch again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Twinkle Toes,
    This looks so relaxing!
    Thank you for sharing!
    Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty, peaceful looking retreat you have. I love the repurposed jars!

    I’m having a new link party “Cheap Thrills Thursday” starting this Thursday the 29th. It’s for creative ideas that cost under $20. If you have a project you’d like to share, I’d love for you to stop by and join in!
    Kat
    www.BlackKatsDesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I want to hang out with you! The jars are so cute. I love the flowers! I wish I could make flowers grow. I seem to just make them die a really fast and painful death. Ah, well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the whole arrangement you made on the tray! I think the jars look wonderful, and especially like the one with the sand and candle inside. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am loving your new patio! It's very inviting and welcoming. Good job!

    Shannon : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a great project. I love how you reused the jars, very clever. Thanks for linking up to Sister Sister Sunday, see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate throwing glass jars away and have a cabinet full of them! This is a great idea! We appreciate you joining us this week for Anything Related!
    {Rebekah}

    ReplyDelete