Thursday, July 15, 2010

So That I Don’t Forget

Each day, Hannah does or says something I make a mental note to myself to never forget.  I’ve got a million of these things swimming around in my head. 

I never want to forget:

How much she loves her big girl bed.

That she confuses “was” and “were.”  She says things like, “I were just reading some books.”

How she puts stickers on her upper lip and says that she has a mustache.

How much she loves Veggie Tales and believes that Larry the Cucumber is really in the room with us.

That she calls ice cream sandwiches “chocolate sandwiches,” and popsicles “hopsicles.” 

That she tells me about 25 times a day, “My panty pants are dry!”

That she now refers to the song “California Gurls” as
“The Traci Song.”

That she loves for me to tell her about the day she was born.  When I get to the part about the doctor placing her on me, she always blurts out, “And Daddy said IT’S A GUUUUUL!”

That when she is getting ready to say her prayers at bedtime, she tells me that it’s time to be serious.

The time she said, “Thank you, sir” to a female waitress.

The time we were standing in line at the grocery store and she asked me if we could buy the shopping cart.

That every night when I ask her if she wants to sleep in socks or bare feet, she says, “Barefooted socks!”

The time a plane flew over our house and I asked her where she thought it was going.  California?  Florida?  She looked me right in the eye and said, slowly, as if English was not my first
language, “To. The. Airport.”  Of course. 

sundaydress2

Thanks to my sweet, funny little girl,
for all of the things that I never want to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment