Monday, July 6, 2015

Baby, You’re A Firework!

Our 4th of July was a little bit more low key than I would’ve liked, thanks to some salmonella poisoning that took Shawn down for no less than a week.  He and I spent all day Thursday at the Centre Hospitalier de Luxembourg, but that’s another story for another day.

I decided that I would still take the kids to the 4th of July party hosted by the American Women’s Club of Luxembourg, and when I told Hannah that we were going, she told me she didn’t want to go.

”Why? We had fun last year and it’s America’s birthday.  We should celebrate!”

She narrowed her eyes, “Because I’m British.”

Ok. 
Right. 
Clearly all of my efforts at teaching my kids about heritage, American traditions and instilling a sense of patriotism have been very effective.

IMG_5580

Oh, well.
Happy Birthday anyways, America!

1 comment: