Friday, January 16, 2015

A Holiday Wrap Up

So I know we’re already in the middle of January, but I still have some holiday stuff to get posted here on the blog. 
I’m terribly behind, I know.
But I have an excuse.
Jet lag.

So here we go. 

The weekend we arrived in Ohio, Santa visited.
This was as close as Finn would get.


Hannah, however, wasn’t shy.


Cousins!  I love this little family tradition we have and I’m so glad we were home in time for it.


My sister arrived later on that evening and we got down to business.  And by that, I mean she blew out my hair and we ate chicken noodle soup in our pajamas.  Who needs a flatiron when Traci brings the dry bar to Christmas?

The cousins on Christmas Eve.


We had ourselves a very merry little Christmas.


There’s a new restaurant in our hometown that nearly everyone from my hometown that’s on my Facebook feed has been checking in at and posting about.  Shawn and I went on a double date with our friends and I had the sautéed shrimp, which was delicious, and a desert that should be illegal in all 50 states.  We shared a couple bottles of wine and some laughs and decided to take a picture before we left.
This is when things got weird.
Just after this picture was taken, two girls who’d clearly had a bit too much to drink jumped into our picture.  And then one of them grabbed my left boob.
Nothing says “suburban, white, American girl” more than Ugg boots, a top knot, drunk photo bombing and grabbing a complete stranger’s left boob.


Just before the groping.  I had no idea what was about to happen.

Our New Year’s Eve was simple and quiet, with an early dinner, snacks and deserts and a game of Cards Against Humanity.  At one point, Shawn was reduced to a giggling puddle of tears.


The following weekend we flew back to Luxembourg on the overnight flight that will forever be known as THE WORST NIGHT OF SLEEP I’VE EVER HAD.  I realize that calling it the worst night of sleep leads one to believe that sleep was actually had, but really I didn’t sleep one wink.  But we made it back and except for some turbulence and one box (that we checked with our luggage) opening up and spilling onto the baggage claim conveyor, it was pretty uneventful.
We took the next day and a half to recover and unpack and then it was back to normal routines.
I finally took all of our Christmas decorations down, but they are piled up on the dining room table at the moment.  I am hoping to get them boxed up and back into the attic on Saturday.  Or before Valentine’s Day.  Whichever.
I did add a few bits to the photo gallery wall in the foyer this week.


Shawn: Did you use a level?
Me: Ah hahahahaha!  Girl, nah.
(I’m more of the eyeball it and hope for the best type.)

So that’s about all that’s going on around here.  We’ve only got a few weeks until our next adventure – skiing the Alps!

Happy New Year and Bonne Année, friends.

1 comment: