Monday, April 11, 2016

That Time I Was In A French Magazine

We arrived back in the US, safe and sound last Thursday.
The flight was uneventful, save for one minor accident by an unnamed three year old.
But you'll have that.

It'll take about ten weeks for all of our stuff to arrive via the oversea shipment, so we kept with us what will be needed for those weeks, which equals a lot of suitcases.

We arrived in Atlanta, made our way through immigration, collected our luggage and headed towards Customs.

"Wow.  That's a lot of stuff," the US Customs Officer joked, "Are you guys moving in?"

Actually, yes.  We are.

Before we left Luxembourg, I was asked to do an interview with the French parenting magazine Parole de Mamans, which means Mom Talk.

When the editor first contacted me, I nearly declined.
I mean, it's a French magazine about parenting and not to state the obvious or anything, but I'm no expert in either of these areas.  In fact, I'm sort of a mess on both counts.

However.
A dear friend (whom I met because of a parking ticket) (hers, not mine) (sorry, girl) who grew up in the US and Paris, helped me be my American self, only in French.

I talked a little about my blog, having a baby in America v. Europe and why I love my Scandanavian mom friends.



Click here for the article in English.

Or, if you're feeling particularly fancy, you can read it here in French.





2 comments:

  1. Moien and... adi!
    Thanks for the most interesting expat blog in Luxembourg.
    I'll be interested to read about you getting used to everyday life in the US again.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete